WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Sunday, April 8, 2018

Fly Flatts p.m. Not a pleasing visit

    A car to watch out for.
         Not what you want amongst the Curlews.

1545 hrs and a late dash to Fly Flatts on a visit that I wished I had,nt bothered.
                                                           The weather was bright and sunny which is a recipe to bring out the scumbags. I knew the water would be clear of birds as it had been sailing afternoon and they were just packing up as I arrived but with the top gate being open cars were driving down to the water and people walking round the area including the feeding station so all quiet there.
                                                              I decided to settle down to a bit of sky watching despite the distraction of 3 4x4 Land Rovers ploughing up the moor near the Nab and 2 noisy scramble bikes pulling wheelies along the top road but as I started watching, 5 or 6 lads appeared just above the top road walking about on the edge of the wind farm moor close to the road. I could see they had high powered air rifles and with Curlew, Lapwing and Snipe flying round them as well as the Barnacle geese just across the road I thought it was time I  took a closer look.
                                                             I drove on the top road parking behind their car and after getting their attention I photographed the car with my phone. Three lads dropped out of sight but Bertha took an instant dislike to the remaining 2 and snapped them which gave them a worried look on their faces.
I,ve cropped their heads for now as hopefully this will be enough to scare them off but any more sightings or problems in the area I have them on record.
                                                                   I was hoping he would point the gun towards me then I could have got their guns taken from them but instead he slowly lowered it out of sight.
                                                                  Then just to finish the afternoon off an off the road buggy was flying about between the Nolstar field and Hunter Hill.
Hopefully my next visit will be back to peace and quiet.
BS