WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Birds are like buses, all or nowt, Ogden Treecreepers.

                                         6 Treecreepers present in one area.













With near gale force winds up on the tops and heavy rain plus a kitchen waiting to be decorated I settled for a quick check at Ogden late afternoon, also knowing that DP had checked Fly Flatts in the morning picking up 1 Common Sandpiper.
                                                                   Ogden was miserable with very dark skies and heavy drizzle on a SW>4 with nothing other than 3 Canadas and a few Mallard on the water.
By the time I had walked three quarters of the way round my hopes of migrants had gone with nothing other than Robins, Wrens and Dunnocks plus a few Tits.
                                                               Then suddenly a life saver, a small bird flew across the front of me and landed on a nearby tree trunk, Treecreeper.  Treecreeper is one of my many bogus birds, mainly because I do very little woodland birding getting very little pleasure from raking through dark leafy trees trying to pick out one small bird, I,m a wide open space birder with plenty sky and water to search through.  All the same, it was nice to get this bird just as I was thinking all was lost, the problem now was getting a photo in the deepest, darkest part of the trees.
                                                                      With ISO set at the top and exposure at the bottom I waited for the bird to come to my side of the tree when amazingly another bird landed in the next tree followed by a third shortly afterwards. Looking over the wall behind me another 3 Treecreepers were present so there I was surrounded by 6 birds that I,m usually lucky to get 1 a year.
                                                                         After 30 minutes and around 200 photos, mostly rubbish, I came away thinking at least I hadnt wasted my afternoon birding session.
Hopefully its back to the open spaces tomorrow.
BS