WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 HRS.

ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES, INPUT ETC WILL BE WELCOME AND CAN BE SENT DIRECT TO THE COMMENT BOX OR
E MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, ALTERNATIVELY
TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com


Sunday, June 11, 2017

Redcar Tarn

                                           young Coot
                                         A hot spot for Tufted
 Showing how fine focusing is at 600mm
Top shot focused on rear bird
Bottom shot focused on front bird.

    Plenty birds in surrounding fields but
                      nothing special.


Early doors at Redcar Tarn in a mixture of sunshine and cloud on a strong SW>5.
As soon I parked up I had that feeling I had chosen the wrong venue with the water quiet other than the usual residents and very few gulls present.
                                                                         The dogs enjoyed a couple of circuits of the water by which time more gulls were starting to appear but apart from a couple of juv Herrings the rest were LBBs and BHGs.
Plenty Swallows and Swifts were over the water whilst the young Oystercatcher was still present with the adult birds across the road, an area that is hard to bird now due to long grass and dried up scrapes.
Good to bump into NP up there doing the rounds.
BS

2 comments:

Roman said...

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the daily blog posts, they are part of my morning breakfast routine, check emails, check Facebook, check news online, read West Yorkshire Birding. I was born and bred in the West Riding but emigrated to Australia over 30 years ago and your blog is one way I keep my finger on the pulse of what is happening in my old stomping grounds. I was just wondering what 600mm lens and body combination you were using?
Regards,
Roman

Brian Sumner . said...

Glad the blog brings you back to your roots Roman. Bet the birdings a bit easier where you are. It would be a bit hot for me over in Aus, I enjoy the good old Yorkshire wind and rain.
My regular rig is Canon 7d body with a Sigma Sport 150-600mm lens which I use daily. I also use a Canon 300mm 1.4 L IS with or without a Canon 1.4 converter but this just tends to be a fall back lens if I get sick of carrying the heavy Sigma about which I refer to as Big Bertha.
Thanks again for your interest in the blog, you must be my furthest observer. Brian.